Happy Friday! I hope you had a fabulous week! Today I am bringing you a Fabulous Friday Freebie and it is the Addison Ear Warmer, which includes the following sizes, Toddler, Child and Teen/Adult. This pattern is super fun and quick to work up, I love the Addison Series, there is also the Addison Beanie, Addison Cowl, Addison Leg Warmers and Addison Skirt. If you love the Addison Ear Warmer, you will love the others too. Don’t forget to share your projects on Ravelry, I would love to see your finished projects!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- Yarn: Worsted Weight Yarn (Size 4) – Your Color Choice
- Photographed Color: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Scarlet
- Hook: K – 6.50MM
- Additional Supplies: Tapestry Needle, Scissors & Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 14 Stitches and 6 Rows = 4”x4” (dc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure head to get accurate sizing needed.
- Sizes Included: Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult and Large Adult
- Join: When ending the round, you will join with a sl st into the 1st st (NOT the Ch 1).
- Ch 1 will NOT count as a st.
Color used in Sample is Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- FPDC: Front Post Double Crochet – Yarn over, insert hook behind post of stitch (from front to back), yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, (2 loops on hook), yarn over, and pull through remaining 2 loops to complete stitch.
- BPDC: Back Post Double Crochet – Yarn over, insert your hook from behind (from back to front), go across the front of the post, yarn over, pull through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yarn over, and pull through remaining 2 loops to complete stitch.
Addison Ear Warmer (Toddler, Child & Adult)
You Need Your K Hook and Your Yarn Color of Choice
Round 1: Double Crochet Foundation (44, 48, 56), join with a sl st into the 1st dc to make a circle.
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, *1 fpdc in next 3 sts, 1 bpdc in next st; repeat from*, until the last 3 sts, 1 fpdc in the last 3 sts, join. – (44, 48, 56)
Round 3: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, *1 dc in next 3 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next bpdc; repeat from*, until the last 3 sts, 1 dc in last 3 sts, join. – (44, 48, 56)
Repeat Rounds 2 & 3 until the ear warmer measures 4 inches tall, ending with Round 2.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.