Do you love crochet texture like I do? The Basketweave Ear Warmer is a quick crochet pattern to work up and guess what? It is full of texture! Texture, texture, texture! The texture is created using a combination of front post and back post stitches. This pattern may be found a little more experienced but don’t worry you can work it up and even you are looking for a crochet challenge.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
It is time to get hooked on the Basketweave Ear Warmer!
Beanies that I Love!!
The Aviator Beanie Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Yarn Bee Mimic (Gypsy)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 14 Stitches and 8 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure head to get accurate sizing needed.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
● FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under post of stitch, yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops
● BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook from the back to front around post of stitch, yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st stitch (not the chain 1).
- Foundation Double Crochet Video Tutorial
Basketweave Ear Warmer (Toddler, Child & Adult)
You Need Your K Hook and Your Yarn Color of Choice
Round 1: Double Crochet Foundation (54, 60, 66), join with a sl st into the 1st dc to make a circle.
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 fpdc in same st, 1 fpdc in next 2 dc, 1 bpdc in next 3 dc, *1 fpdc in next 3 dc, 1 bpdc in next 3 dc; repeat from*, join. – (54, 60, 66)
Round 3: Ch 1, 1 bpdc in same st, 1 bpdc in next 2 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc, *1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc; repeat from*, join. – (54, 60, 66)
Round 4: Ch 1, 1 fpdc in same st, 1 fpdc in next 2 bpdc, 1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc, *1 fpdc in next 3 bpdc, 1 bpdc in next 3 fpdc; repeat from*, join. – (54, 60, 66)
Repeat Rounds 3 & 4, until the ear warmer measures 4” for Toddler or 4.5” for Child and Adult.
Final Round: Sl st in next st and each st around, join.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!