The Addison Skirt is an adorable textured skirt where the color combinations are endless! If you are looking for wearable project for the little girl in your life and you are wanting to dabble with front post and back post stitches, then the Addison Skirt is perfect. One you learn the stitch pattern you will be able to whip up the Addison Skirt in no time at all. Post stitches create a beautiful texture for any project, so get ready to get hooked on the Addison Skirt!
Disclaimer: This post contains affilate links
Beanies that I love!!
The Addison Skirt Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry HERE
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Two Colors. Sample is made is Vanna’s Choice (Lamb and Wild Berry)
- Hooks: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (Hdc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure to get accurate sizing needed.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
● FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook under post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
● BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet): Yarn over, insert hook from the back to front around post of stitch (from right to left), yarn over & pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a st.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a sl st into the 1st st (not the chain 1)
Addison Skirt – ALL SIZES: (0-3M, 3-6M, 6-12M, 12-18M, 18-24M)
You Need Your K Hook and 2 Color Choices.
Start with Color 1
Chain 44 (52, 60, 64, 72), join with a sl st in the 1st ch to make a circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join in 1st sc. – 44 (52, 60, 64, 72)
Rounds 2-4: Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, 1 hdc in next st and each st around, join. – 44 (52, 60, 64, 72)
Change to color 2
Round 5: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, *1 fpdc in next 3 sts, 1 bpdc in next st; repeat from*, until the last 3 sts, 1 fpdc in the last 3 sts, join. – 36
Round 6: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, *1 dc in next 3 fpdc, 1 fpdc in next bpdc; repeat from*, until the last 3 sts, 1 dc in last 3 sts, join. – 36
Repeat Rounds 5 & 6 until the skirt measures 6 (7, 8, 9, 10).
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Looking for more inspiration?
When you finish the Tara Blanket, go try the Magnolia Blanket! You will become addicted to that blanket as well!