The primrose texture is a beautiful crochet texture and the Primrose Skirt is a fabulous way to work that stitch. The Primrose Skirt is a fun little skirt to work up and you can customize the skirt in any color combination. This crochet pattern includes sizes from newborns to 12 months. If you know basic crochet stitches you will be able to work up the Primrose Skirt in no time.
Disclaimer: This post contains affilate links
Beanies that I love!!
The Primrose Skirt Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry HERE
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Two Colors. Sample is made is Vanna’s Choice (Chocolate and Pink Poodle)
- Hooks: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (Hdc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure to get accurate sizing needed.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a st.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a sl st into the 1st st (not the chain 1)
Primrose Skirt – ALL SIZES: (0-3M, 3-6M, 6-12M)
You Need Your K Hook and 2 Color Choices.
Start with Color 1
Chain 45 (54, 60), join with a sl st in the 1st ch to make a circle.
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join in 1st sc. – 45 (54, 60)
Rounds 2-4: Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, *1 hdc next 3 sts, fphdc in next st; repeat from*, join – 45 (54, 60)
Change to Color 2
Round 5: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join in 1st sc. – 45 (54, 60)
Round 6: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, skip 2 sts, *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) in next st, skip 2 sts; repeat from*, end with 1 sc in same st as ch 1, join. – 30 (36, 40) sc
Round 7: Ch 1, 2 dc in same st, *3 dc in next ch 2 sp; repeat from*, end with 1 dc in same st as ch 1, join. – 45 (54, 60)
Repeat Rounds 6 & 7 until the skirt measures 6 (7, 8), ending with Round 7.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Looking for more inspiration?
When you finish the Tara Blanket, go try the Magnolia Blanket! You will become addicted to that blanket as well!