The Autumn Cowl was originally designed for our first Leither Collection Subscription Box, the October 2018 box with Lion Brand’s Jeans yarn. I loved the look of the cowl with that yarn but I wanted to design a new yarn colorway to rework up the design. When I created the Sunset on the Beach yarn, I knew it would be perfect to work the Autumn cowl with, the combination of the gorgeous 3 colors together plus the gorgeous raised texture would create an amazing look. As I was working up the Autumn cowl it was coming out even better than I imagined, the way that the colors changes within the cowl, it looked like there were little arrows as well making it very unique without having to do anything special. I would love for you to make the Autumn Cowl with our Sunset on the Beach yarn, you can purchase a kit in our store here.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
So, grab your yarn, hooks and get ready to get hooked on the Autumn Cowl crochet pattern!
Beanies that I love!!
The Autumn Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry HERE
- Go grab the Crochet Kit here in our store!
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Sample made with Leither Co. (Sunset on the Beach)
- Hook: I (5.5mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 16 Stitches and 12 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Fptr: Front Post Treble Crochet
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st stitch (not the chain 1).
(28 Inches Circumference and 5 Inches Tall)
Round 1: Foundation Half Double Crochet 100, join with a sl st into the 1st hdc to make a circle. – 100
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. – 100
Round 3: Ch 1, 1 fptr around dc post below, 1 dc next st, *1 fptr around dc post below, 1 dc next st; repeat from*, join. – 100
Round 4: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. – 100
Round 5: Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, 1 fptr around dc post below, *1 dc next st, 1 fptr around dc post below; repeat from*, join – 100
Rounds 6–16: Repeat Rounds 2-5 ending on round 4.
Final Round: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st and around.
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Looking for more inspiration?
Try the Magnolia Blanket!